- Wake up before sunrise. Sleeping late in the morning may lead to excess Kapha and result in sluggishness and confusion.
- Exercise regularly to calm Kapha. This is one of the best ways to balance all Kapha attributes. A challenging workout should be fun and inspiring for Kapha.
- Strength building yoga exercises like Half-Moon pose, Warrior Pose, Triangle Pos,etc are good for Kapha balance.
- Yoga breathing exercises (pranayama) are a powerful subtle therapy for Kapha dosha. With a relaxing effect, Kapalabhati (or Skull Shining Breath) strengthens the core and tones digestive organs. Practicing pranayama for ten to fifteen minutes every day can dramatically enhance one's mood and health.
- Regular oil massage or Ayurvedic powder massage is excellent for the Kapha dosha. It helps to stimulate the slow Kapha circulation.
- Ideally, Kapha people should have small meals 3-4 times instead of three large meals. Also, they should eat only when hungry.
- Fasting is a great health practice for Kapha people as it aids the sluggish Kapha digestion and creates lightness in the body.
- Daytime sleep is a big no for the Kapha people. It creates heaviness, indigestion, bloating, and mental fogginess. If you want to sleep during the daytime, try sleeping in a sitting or semi-sitting position than lying down.
- Avoid sleeping for long hours. Kapha people normally have excellent deep sleep and can do it for 8 hours or less.
- Novelty balances the dullness of Kapha dosha. Hence, getting rid of ruts and lifeless behaviors is also beneficial. Try to be more impulsive, light-hearted, and creative.
Discover your true nature and balance your life with our dosha quiz! Are you curious about which of the three Ayurvedic doshas - Vata, Pitta, or Kapha - dominate your personality and health? Then take our quiz now and uncover the secrets to a harmonious and natural lifestyle. Click the button below to take the quiz and embrace your unique wellness journey today!