Mum's Mill Adai (Lentil Pancake) Mix and avial masala are made from 100% whole grains and spices without adding any preservatives, fillers colours or additives.
Adai Mix: Toor Dal, Rice, *Mung Dal, *Chickpea, Urid Dal, Cumin seed, Carom seeds, Black Pepper, Chilli, Salt, Curry leaves.
Avial Mix: Desiccated Coconut, Red chillies, Peppercorns, Turmeric, Salt, Cumin
*Ingredients marked with * are grown in Australia.
To Prepare Pancake Batter:
1. In a wide vessel put your desired quantity Mum's Mill Adai Mix & add some water to make a thick batter. Add water till you get a thick pouring consistency. Adjust salt if required.
2. Cover and keep aside the batter for 10 minutes.
To Make Adai:
1. Heat a skillet grease well.
2. Add a ladle of batter and make thick pancakes
3. Add drops of oil/ghee around the edges to get a crispy end.
4. Let cook for few minutes flip and cook other side.
5. Serve hot with traditional accompaniments like chutneys or stew
To Make Avial:
1. In a hot pan add 1 tbsp of oil (coconut oil preferred) and 1 tsp mustard seeds and curry leaves.
2. When the mustard seeds splutter, add chopped vegetables of your choice and 1 tbsp of Mum's Mill Avial masala and mix well . adjust salt if required.
3. Let it boil for 10 mins or until the vegetables are cooked.